So you’re interested in running a Spartan Race. Let’s get you acquainted with the Spartan race types:
There are three main types of Spartan Races.
For beginners we recommend the Sprint. Spartan’s shortest courses are 3+ miles and 20+ obstacles. Complete the race at your own pace. If you fail an obstacle along the way, you owe us 30 burpees before continuing on.
Ready for more? The Super is 8+ miles, 24+ obstacles, and often hosted on a tougher terrain.
The hardest of the three races is the Beast: 12+ miles and 30+ obstacles. We’ll leave the challenges of the course to your imagination.
For kids we offer Jr. Varsity and Varsity races. These races, ½ – 1 mile in distance, have an emphasis on teamwork, fun and getting muddy.
Nervous to sign up?
We understand. Even elites get nervous before races; it’s venturing into the unknown.
Athletes of all fitness levels will enjoy participating in a Spartan Race and the feeling of accomplishment that comes at the finish line.
To ease your anxiety, we offer both physical and mental ways to train. The harder you train and better you eat before race day, the easier the course will be. Try these:
- Train like a Spartan
- The ‘couch-to’ Sprint Training Plan
- Nutrition tips to help you eat better
- Free workouts held in cities all over the country
- Spartan Up! the Podcast to hear epic stories of grit
- Merchandise because if you’re gonna race like Spartan and train like a Spartan, you damn well better look like a Spartan.