WHAT DOES A SPARTAN VOLUNTEER DO?
Spartan Volunteers are the backbone of every Spartan Race. As a Spartan Race volunteer, you will ensure that our racers and spectators have an epic experience.
Your efforts make the Spartan Race the best obstacle racing series, and ensure a great experience for thousands of participants. Spartan Race would not be what it is without you and your motivation!
Spartan Volunteers work closely with Spartan Race staff.
Days open to volunteering: Volunteering is possible from Wednesday or Thursday (depending on the event) till the day before the event to help the organization to finalize the details to offer the best race ever to the participants.
And of course the day(s) of the race, Saturday and Sunday (if there is a race on Sunday). We also need help the day after the race to make the inventory, clean…
NOTICE: There are only limited registrations available on NON-race days.
So you can register the day of your choice and even for several days, it will then take the registration process several times with your same account.
Below are the different missions during the race day:
1. Management of Obstacles: control the security on obstacles, encourage Spartans, control penalties (Burpees), control the participants flow, contact medical in case of emergency. (you will never be alone, we are still trying to position 2-3 volunteers on the posts during the day).
2. Registration: Welcome of participants, giving the Spartan pack…
3. Management of the Bag Check: Welcome of participants, reception and distribution of racers bag.
4. Start and Finish Line operations: Final aid station, t-shirts distribution, management of the flow, organisation of the start and control.
6. Aid stations: hand out drinks and snacks to the racers on the course
What’s in it for me?
We are excited to announce a new volunteer program from 2019. Please read carefully the following information.
– A free race entry code* depending of your volunteer day:
- Pre and Post race (full shift) volunteering day: Sprint code
- Race day (full shift) volunteering day: Sprint or Super code. Or you can choose a Beast code if you volunteer on race days in Andorra.
- Race day (PM/Pick-up shift) volunteering day: Sprint code. (Note: we are introducing the PM/Pick-up shift for 2019 events. It’s limited to 20 spots and the missions will be around the festival. For organizational reasons, you will not be able to volunteer on the obstacles/aid stations for this shift.)
– A Volunteer T-shirt Spartan Race.
– A lunch box for the day.
– A fun, action filled day helping to put on the best obstacle course race in the world!
* The codes are available during 1 year in the list of the following countries: Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, France, Netherlands.
Note: the more you volunteer, the more Spartan products you will earn. Volunteer on two days* and grab your venue shirt. Support us three times* and you will get your crew hat. Volunteer on four days* and we will say thank you with our special hoodie – not available for purchase! (*race day full shift)
The code you will receive will be valid only for races in Spain and Andorra. If you want to participate in any of the races of the rest of Europe please contact email@example.com and request the necessary code for the country in which you are going to run.
If you need more information about the volunteer code, please consult our special Spartan Crew FAQ.
How do I sign up?
Follow these simple steps!
STEP 1: Be sure to read through the Spartan Crew FAQ.
STEP 2: Select the race you are interested in from the drop down, and fill out your information. Make sure to pay special attention when typing your email address, because this is how we will get in touch with you. You will receive information about 10 days before the event.
If you want to get the rewards for volunteering on more than one time you must always register using the same account. Otherwise we will not know if you have been a volunteer before.
STEP 3: Pay close attention to your email, especially as the race gets closer. Your Volunteer Coordinator will send you all final details via email.
STEP 4: BURPEES. Make sure you know how to do a proper burpee HERE!
STEP 5: Show up! If you sign up, we expect you to show up. We need you!
If you have any question and didn’t find an answer in our Spartan Crew FAQ., the Volunteer Coordinator can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just make sure to include the race location you are interested in when you email.
Thank you, Spartan Volunteers!
Do not forget to join our Volunteer Facebook Group
We couldn’t do this without you!